Simply put, it's time to lose the weight for good this time.
This blog will help me do that by allowing me to tell the truth. 100% truth every day, every week, every month.
I will write about my feelings about my body, my weight issues, food, hangups- oh yeah, and those little obsessive things like cravings and how to stare down a snack attack.
I've chosen the Weight Watchers plan to help me lose the weight. I have not joined officially as that requires money. I have all the free resources I need: www.dwlz.com and the point tracker gadget in the right sidebar.
The plan is as follows:
1. Track points daily in my planner and then post to blog while I lunch at my desk
2. Focus on what I'm eating - really tune in and see it as nourishment and fuel, not comfort or reward.
3. Establish small milestones of weight loss with non-food rewards for achieving them.
4. Upload photos of myself frequently at each weight loss milestone to see visual progress.
5. Use the blog as a "lifeline" and refer to other weight loss blogs to get encouragement
6. Once at goal weight (165), I will start training for my first 5K.
7. Then this blog will be a fitness and running blog, with additional check ins for weight management purposes.
So, here we go. Let's establish a starting point.
Age: 37
Height: 5"6"
Today's Weight: 211.4
Next weight milestone: Below 200
Milestone Due Date: February 15th
Milestone Reward: Schedule hair appointment with new stylist at Headmasters
Achieving Milestone Early Reward: $100 wardrobe purchase
To see the suggested timeline for my weight loss, go here.
Food/Points for Today:
8 - Breakfast- Honey Nut Cheerios
7 - White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks (ouch)
13 - Subway lunch (two bags of Baked Lays and PB cookie. Double ouch)
5 - Supper - Brown rice and 1 point toast
Total points: 33
Total Allowed points: 28
Flex points used: 5
Flex points left: 30
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment